- Can I take a bouquet of flowers and a Lithuanian tree-cake Šakotis on an aircraft?
You may take such items into the cabin; however, there might be people with allergies to flowers since the aircraft cabin is an enclosed space and that should be taken into consideration.
- How many cabin baggage units can be carried on an aircraft?
Usually, 1 unit of cabin baggage is permitted; however, that depends on the airline.
- Is the weight of a laptop included into cabin baggage weight?
That depends on the airline. Certain airlines treat a laptop as a cabin baggage unit, while others permit to carry a hand-bag and a computer separately.
- What can be carried in the cabin baggage?
The list of items, which are prohibited to be carried inside your cabin baggage, can be found at passenger check-in counters at the airport.
- What is the permissible weight of cabin baggage and checked baggage?
That depends on your air carrier because different airlines apply different requirements. Usually, cabin baggage should not exceed 8kg, whereas checked baggage should not weigh more than 20kg, depending on the airline.
- Can I take fishing equipment into an aircraft cabin?
First of all, it depends on the type of equipment – is it a fishing-rod or fish-hooks? Sharp items (hooks) should be placed into your checked baggage. You can take a fishing-rod as a part of your cabin baggage.
- What is the charge per 1 kg of excess baggage?
You should contact your airline because different airlines apply different charges for excess baggage.
- Do I need a doctor’s certificate if I have an unremoved fragment in my body? May I need the certificate translated into English while abroad?
No, it is not necessary. It is advisable to have a certificate only if you have a large metal prosthesis inside your organism.
- Can I carry cosmetics of 30ml capacity in my cabin baggage? Where can I get a plastic bag?
You can get 1l plastic bags at the check-in counter of the airport. You are permitted to carry the containers not exceeding 100ml in your cabin baggage, which all have to fit inside a 1 litre plastic bag.
- Can I carry a 50x70cm painting in my cabin baggage?
Yes, you can. We would advise you to ask for the assistance of an air hostess, who would handle the painting during a flight and would return it upon landing.
- I am running late to the airport for my flight. What should I do?
We would advise you to contact your airline. You should contact its representatives at the airport and explain the situation of your belated arrival. Unfortunately, Vilnius Airport cannot help in such a situation.
- Where should I apply for missing baggage or lost items?
If your baggage is missing or you have left your items behind in the aircraft, please contact your airline.
For the items lost or left behind in the Passenger Terminal, please apply to the baggage storage situated near the main Arrivals Area (Area A).
- What transportation can I use to reach the city from the airport?
You can use the same transportation that is available for reaching the airport from the city. Please read the answer to question ‘How to reach Vilnius airport from Vilnius city centre?’
- Where should I apply to report a missing baggage?
Please contact your airline.
- How to reach Vilnius airport from Vilnius city centre?
To get to Vilnius International Airport, you can use scheduled buses, scheduled taxi (vans), train, taxi or come by car.
The cheapest way to reach the city is to go by city buses No. 1 and No. 2. Bus No. 1 provides a service from the airport to the bus/train station and bus No. 2 goes to Šeškinė via the city centre. The bus fare is 2 Litas at press kiosks or 2.5 Litas if bought from the driver.
A scheduled taxi is another fast and inexpensive way to come to the airport. The price for a ride is 3-4 Litas depending on your location in the city.
A special scheduled train runs from Vilnius Railway Station to the airport. The train fare is 2.5 Litas.
The airport can be reached by the cabs of any of the taxi companies servicing the city. Taxis can be found curbside near the arrival terminal.
When going to the airport, please take into account the traffic situation in the city and plan your time accordingly in order not to be late for your flight. If you are going to the airport during peak hours, please allow an extra 30 minutes or even 1 hour.
- Are there any currency-exchange offices at the airport?
Yes, you will find 'Snoras' and 'Medicinos bankas' currency exchange offices in the Arrivals Terminal. For your convenience, there are also several ATMs in the Arrivals Area available 24 hours per day.
- What regulations apply for the transportation of pets and plants?
For information please contact the Veterinary Border Inspection, telephone number (+370) 5 2739042, or Vilnius Border Plant Quarantine, telephone number (+370) 5 2739050.
- What should I do if I lose my car parking ticket?
If you lose your parking ticket, you will have to pay a fine of 200 Litas and a fee for the actual time of parking your car. The actual parking time is determined on the basis of your airline ticket date and video surveillance records.
- Are there any parking lots near Vilnius Airport?
Yes, there are six fee-based car parking lots near the airport open 24 hours per day.
- Can I get a VAT invoice for parking my company’s car?
Invoices are issued at the cashier’s desk in the multi-storey parking lot. If you have paid for your parking in the automated pay station, please provide a receipt issued by the pay station.
- Can I pay by credit card for car parking?
Payments by VISA and MAESTRO bank cards are accepted at the cashier’s desk in the multi-storey parking lot.
- Where and with what nominal coins or bills can I pay for car parking?
Payment for car parking at the airport is made at the automated pay stations. 50 cents, 1 Litas, 2 Litas and 5 Litas coins and 10 Litas, 20 Litas and 50 Litas bills accepted. Automated pay station gives change.
- Is it necessary to reserve a car parking space in the parking lot?
There is no need to reserve a parking space. There is a big number of parking spaces in our parking lots and you will always find somewhere to park your car.
- Where can I find information on all car parking lots situated near Vilnius Airport?
Information on car parking lots is provided 24 hours per day, telephone number (+ 370 5) 235 60 86, mobile telephone + 370 612 68044. For your convenience, all automated pay stations and barrier gates have a communication line with the operator.
- I have left behind my bag, umbrella, etc. at Vilnius Airport. Where should I go to?
Please apply to the Lost and Found at the baggage storage (on the right side in the Arrivals Area).
- What is the airfare price?
Vilnius International Airport does not sell flight tickets. For flight tickets, please contact the airline you are going to fly with or your travel agency.
- When does the passenger check-in open and close?
Normally, the airlines or ticket agencies inform their passengers of the departure time and check-in procedure in advance, in written form or electronically. In the cases where the check-in time is not indicated, the check-in opens 2 hours prior to the departure and closes not later than 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- How much money, cigarettes, or alcohol can I bring along? What restrictions apply for foodstuffs, medicines?
Please contact the airport’s customs. Telephone numbers (+370 5) 2330317, (+370 5) 2306117.
- How much baggage is allowed to Europe and America? What is the charge for overweight?
The allowed weight to the European countries is 20 kg for checked-in baggage and 5 kg for hand baggage. If you are travelling to America or other countries of the world, please contact your airline or travel agency in advance for baggage allowances and overweight charges.
- What documents are required for a child travelling abroad with one of the parents or without parents?
For more information, please contact the State Border Guard Service, telephone number (+370 5) 2739045.
Information about travelling with children is also provided in our website (Tips for passengers/Rules/Travelling with children).
- What articles and materials are not permitted to be carried into the aircraft?
The list of prohibited articles
is provided in the Commission Regulation (EC) No 820/2008 of 8 August 2008.
For more information, please read the Security Control